Saturday, January 23, 2010

enriched soil

I read the Parable of the Sower today. I connected with the seed falling on the rocks and the seed falling on the thorns. I hear God's word and try to apply it but then trouble hits and I take forever to pray for guidance. Sometimes when I feel the glow of living within God's word; the thorns of life creep in and take over.

My prayer is for my soil to become enriched so that the seeds grow with deep, strong roots and I would produce fantastic fruit for Him.

Soil becomes enriched when things are mixed in and the soil is stirred up. The first idea that came to my mind to mix into my soil? Compost and manure. ;) My roots would become deeper and stronger if I make the most of the manure of my life and mix it all into my soil and let the benefits ooze. Right?

No comments:

Post a Comment